Download Full Text (974 KB)
Teaching & Educational Leadership
Goals and Objectives of the Textbook
This textbook aims to equip educators with the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary to create rich and inclusive literacy learning environments for all students. The specific objectives of the textbook are:
1. To present a historical and theoretical framework for understanding literacy development and instruction.
2. To explore the essential components of literacy instruction, including phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary development, reading fluency, reading comprehension, and writing instruction.
3. To provide practical strategies and activities for teaching and assessing literacy skills.
4. To discuss differentiated instruction and inclusive practices that address the diverse needs of learners.
5. To examine the role of technology in literacy education and offer guidance for integrating digital tools and resources into instruction.
6. To emphasize the importance of family and community partnerships in promoting literacy development.
7. To highlight the role of professional development and teacher reflection in fostering effective literacy instruction.
Murphy, Debra D., "Teaching Literacy Foundations" (2023). ATU Faculty Open Educational Resources. 5.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License.